Friday, September 16, 2016

Coming Home!

Well folks, It has been a crazy couple of years! My life has been changing in ways I definitely did not see coming. My brother got married and he and his wife had a baby. My best friend Krystal had a baby. People I thought would never leave Uganda decided it's time for them to go home. It has been crazy. To top it all off, I'm engaged!!! Really didn't see that one coming! If you had asked me in January of 2015 (when I first came to Jenga) what I thought my life would look like now, this would not be it. But I am so glad this is what I have! I wouldn't trade all of this crazy for the world.


My fiancé George and I have had to make a lot of hard decisions about where we will live and what we will do and how we will make this crazy wonderful cross cultural relationship work for us. This is hard. We will most likely never have both of our families living in the same place. We will always have to choose a family, choose a culture, choose a continent that leaves behind a whole big group of people that we love to pieces. That is a sobering reality or both of us. We definitely did not choose the easy road. But we chose each other and this is just part of that.


George and I have decided that what is best for us now is to move to Texas and spend some time with my family in my culture. This was not an easy decision. I look at his mom and dad, his brothers and sisters and wonder how in the world we will manage to be without them for so long! I really, really love his people. They have taken me in as their own completely. I won the in-law jackpot with this family! They are my people now too and I will be so sad to say goodbye for a while. But like I said, we really believe this is what is best for us in this season. So, Texas here we come!


George and I have a few needs during this time of transition and since you all have been such faithful prayer warriors and financial supporters over the years I knew I could mention those needs here.


  • Over the past year some of my supporters have had to discontinue their monthly support for various reasons. I completely understand and am so thankful for the time they were able to support me. However it has left quite a hole in my budget and I am in need of about $1,500 to be able to leave here with all of my bills paid!
  • On that same note, since my monthly support dropped to about half of what it was, my "general pot" that I normally use for things like plane tickets has diminished to almost nothing. So while George and I really believe it's time to move to Texas, I'm not exactly sure how we are going to do that! What I do know is that God always provides. Always. This need will probably end up being around $2,000. 
  • This one is not necessarily a need, but it is a very strong desire for both George and I. Since we plan to get married in Texas, George won't have many of his people at the wedding. We are really wanting to be able to fly about 5 people from George's family to be there for him for the wedding. I know this is a HUGE thing, but nothing is impossible with God. It will probably cost about $6,000 for us to be able to fly all of those people over for the wedding if we can find a good price. 
  • Last but definitely not least, we desperately need your prayers! We will be transitioning into a lot of unknown and a lot of new experiences for both of us. We are getting married! That is definitely new! Also, we can't come home to get married until George's fiancĂ© visa is approved. We have two wedding dates in mind that are about 6 months apart for personal reasons. We are really hoping for the first date! Please pray for a speedy approval so that we can travel and get married! 
Your prayers are so important to us. They have carried me during these almost four years of being away from home and I know they will carry us through all that is to come. Thank you for loving me so well, and for already accepting and loving George too!


With love from the soon to be Wamukota's!!!



P.S. If you feel lead to give you can find out more about making a donation Here! Thank you for all of your prayers and support.


No comments:

Post a Comment